High Salt light on the Aqua Rite system remains on

Feb 27, 2011
Good question and problem. I am here because I'm having same issue. System been working fine. Couple days ago, the High Salt light staying on. Tested water, no chlorine. Went to supply store, bought all necessary/recommended stuff, put in pool. Water looks and tested good now, but the High Salt light on the Aqua Rite system remains on. Can't make it go off.

Help?

A high salt light almost always means the salt level actually is too high. Unless you have some specific reason to be confident that the salt level isn't too high, you should replace water to bring the salt level down.

It would also help if you post a complete set of water test results.

The salt was tested at 3700, which probably meant that High Salt light should have been on. We put in the chemicals recommended by the supply store, and also drained some water out of the pool and refilled the water to proper levels. Maybe we didn't drain enough water? Maybe we did, but it takes some amount of time for the Aqua Rite system to correct itself for the new salt level ? If so, how long does it take for the Aqua Rite system to correct it's reading and turn the light off?

I have had the high salt problem too. My test were saying one thing and the SWG another. I drained water three different times and finally the blinking lights went away. So, I really did have too much salt and you probably do as well.

You might try shutting the system down and restarting/resetting to see if that helps.

Ok, good to know, JesseJames, thanks.

Just for clarity, on my panel there are no blinking lights, only a solid red light, High Salt.

I have shut the system down and restarted. Also, turned the power completely off to the system, just for grins and to get a complete 'reboot'.

The High Salt light is still on. I drained and added some water. May have to do it again. But, three questions, please:
1. The High Salt light started all this, and low chlorine in the pool, and I hadn't added any salt lately. So, how did the pool get too high a level of salt?
2. Can't rule out the possibility of a bad panel. Is there a way to troubleshoot and determine if the panel is bad?
3. How can I determine if the cell is bad?

Thanks!

After having this same problem and was unable to correct had a pool guy come out to check the panel. Was told that one setting on the panel should read T19 and it had been set at T3. Not sure how this happened but it has happened again. Does anyone know how to reset the T level reading?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For units with software version 1.5 and higher

To Set Turbo Cell Type

Before operation, the Aqua Rite must be configured for the chlorinator cell that will be
used. Refer to the following information and steps below to set the Turbo cell type.

"t-3" = T-CELL-3, GLX-CELL-3-W
"t-5" = GLX-CELL-5, GLX-CELL-5-W
"t-9 = T-CELL-9, GLX-CELL-9-W
"t-15" = T-CELL-15, GLX-CELL-15-W

1. Slide the Main Switch to the "Auto" position.
2. Push the Diagnostic button repeatedly until "t-xx" appears on the display ("t-15" is
the factory default). If the desired cell type is displayed skip to step 4.
3. To change to a different cell type, slide the Main Switch from "Auto" to "Super
Chlorinate" and back to "Auto". Repeat this process until the desired cell type is
displayed.
4. Push the Diagnostic button to exit

PSG

Had all the same trouble...finally read this post and some how the cell was not configured correctly...got it changed to t-15...high salt went out immediately....Funny thing is that I will probably have to add salt now

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.