intex swg

briand

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2011
I have a new intex swg, i removed the copper electrodes from it, it does not seem to put out much chlorine, the little metal plates you can see that i guess makes the chlorine one is covered in white and one is not do ya think one is not working? i know you have to clean them but was wondering why one is covered and one is not. I have it running 12 hours and it barely keeps my free chlorine at around 2, i can go all 12 hours nobody swimming and it might raise it 1 part
free 2.7
total 3.0
ph 7.6
cya 60

The plates have different polarities. Only one of the polarities tends to attract calcium scale. The cell needs to be cleaned. In the future, you should be able to adjust your PH, TA, and CH levels to greatly reduce the amount of scaling you get on the SWG. Raising the CYA level a little, to around 70 to 80, will also help reduce the rate of scaling by reducing the amount of time you need to run the SWG.

what should i clean with that would work best? the manual says white vinegar but it don't seem to get all the scale off. the pool is 12000 gallons forgot that part. my cal hard is 150 and alk is 90 what should they be to keep this to a minimum? I thought i was in the parameters of what it says in the manual. would adding borates help any on the scaling, been thinking of doing that. Thanks for the quick response

Yes, adding borates will help. TA at 90 is fairly good, but you can bring that down to around 60 or 70, which will help.

You can use a dilute muriatic acid mixture to clean the cell instead of vinegar. Mix one part of acid into four parts of water and clean the cell with that.

thanks for the advise, I' ve saved enough money reading topics on this forum in the last 2 weeks that I paid for the lifetime sponser so I didn't feel guilty :roll: Best money I ever spent :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.