The boric acid is in the water!

BigJD

Jun 6, 2008
Hey folks .... finally added my 55 lb pail of boric acid. First test results:

TC: 11.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.2 (dropped from 7.5, I am going to leave it alone and let it rise on its own)
TA: 70
CH: 20
CYA: 40
Borate: 30-50 (hard to tell with strip, it is likely around 43+- since the pool calculator has proven to be very accurate thus far :goodjob: )

The water does look 'sparkling' and it is definitely clearer than I have seen before. I also get that squeaky clean feeling on my hand. I am seriously excited!

Should I force up the PH or leave it?

Suggestion for price. I just bought 10 boxes of Mule Team (47.5 lbs) on soap.com for $49.50, free shipping. 12 boxes would give you 57 lbs for $59.40. They also have a "5 faves" feature. You pick 5 items as your favorites and you get 10% off those 5 things forever. If there aren't more expensive items you want to "favorite", you can get 57 lbs for $53.46.

Deb04 said:
Suggestion for price. I just bought 10 boxes of Mule Team (47.5 lbs) on soap.com for $49.50, free shipping. 12 boxes would give you 57 lbs for $59.40. They also have a "5 faves" feature. You pick 5 items as your favorites and you get 10% off those 5 things forever. If there aren't more expensive items you want to "favorite", you can get 57 lbs for $53.46.
When using Borax, you also have to account for the muriatic acid that will need to be added at the same time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.