Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: higher FC

1. Back To Top    #1

higher FC

Hello all,

Because of the wide temp swings and subsequent infrequent bather loads, I am having trouble dialing in my SWCG. My CYA is about 50 (in the process of raising), and my FC readings are ranging between 6 and 10 on a daily basis. If I turn it off, it drops to 2 to 4, to close for comfort.

Any long term issues with this?

Thanks,

Chris
    24' AG Doughboy w/ 5'8 dish bottom, CWII DE Filter, 1.5 hayward 2 speed pump, Aquatrol SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: higher FC

Once you get the CYA level up to around 70 to 80 this will get a little easier, though the problem never goes away completely. The usual approach is to adjust the SWG to produce enough chlorine for a slightly higher chlorine demand than average day and accept that that is too much for below average days, and manually intervene when there is a much higher than average chlorine consumption day (like a pool party).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks,

Any long term issues with keeping it at about 7 though? I seem to be good at that LOL
    24' AG Doughboy w/ 5'8 dish bottom, CWII DE Filter, 1.5 hayward 2 speed pump, Aquatrol SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

FC at 7 is fine if that works for you.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!