Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dished pool steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dished pool steps?

Hello... we had our pool installed yesterday, and found out that since we dished our pool to 5ft in the center, we can't use the wedding cake stairs that we bought. Any ideas on how to modify or what other stairs are out there.

Thanks for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Dished pool steps?

They didn't leave a ledge around the perimeter of the pool?
    What size pool is it?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

24' x 52" round. I think my husband said that they left a 2ft ledge, but the stairs stick out 44" so, there would be an area that isn't touching the ground. Plus, I did see online, that they are really for flat bottom pools only. I just don't know why they didn't tell us that when we bought them. They knew we were going to dish it out.

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you tried to put them in like they are?????All step's that go out would have to be on a flat bottom..You could make some spacer's to set them on..I use bathtub mat's to set my step's on...You could double some up to fill the gap or try something else..Pool installer's are not worried about step's because they don't mess with them on above ground's from my experence.Good Luck you will come up with something..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit