Main drain leak?

Ok. With the 24 hour bucket test I lost 1/4" to evaporation and 1/2 inch from a leak. I had all equipment off and the main drain valve closed. Before this test, I was losing the same amount of water with pumps running and still having the main drain valve closed. Only the skimmers have been open. I have had all lines in the pool pressure tested as well as lights and no leaks were found. The main drain line has not been tested. Next I will go down and plug the main drain. If not in the line where around the drain would a leak be?

The drains typically are a plastic cylinder about the size of a coffee can. You should be able to see exactly how it's all put together when you get the cover off. You should be able to use the dye test to see if the drain assembly itself is leaking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After 24 hours with main drain plug in I am still losing 1" of water 1/4" being evaporation. Very frustrating.
What is the best "syringe" to get to start dye testing? It has to be a structural leak. As I said all lines were pressure tested a few months a go. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.