My Intex 16x48 with custom deck and stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! I used your ideas to build my deck for my Intex 12x24. my pictures posted here post591054.html#p591054

Question; I want to do the exact same thing you did in moving my pump/SWG under my deck, to include the 2 ball valves, the California sun is doing a number on the pump's finish, as well as I constantly have to clean mud off the units. Your setup is so much prettier, out of sight out of mind...so to speak. Sir could you please tell me the size of the PVC pipping connections coming off the pool wall isolation valves. Been at Home Depot and have not found anything that works with that thread. Is the rest of the pipe 1" PVC??

Your advice is deeply appreciated.

V/r
David

Thank you, and I'm glad some of my ideas were able to help. Great job on your pool and deck. That thing is ginormous lol. Good work!

Take a look at this thread here. There's lots of talk on how we adapted our intex equipment to standard 1.25 and 1.5 inch pvc.

Cheers,
Russ

P.S. You'll probably want 3 ball valves. One between the pool and the pump, one between the pump and the swg, and one between the swg and the pool again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russ,

Thanks for the link. Even though the original poster's pictures are all X'd outthere is enough posting over all the pages that will suffice.

Yeah I completely agree that 3 ball valves would be best. It appears that you have 2 ball valves with the pool plunger valve as your isolation to the pump inlet. In my scenerio I have to have 3 ball valves as the pump/SWG will be moved 13' feet over and under the deck as there is no room to walk between the pool and fence line. I do not want to have to walk all the way around to open and close those plunger valves every time I pull the filter out for cleaning. Ball valves right next to the pump and SWG would be most convienent. Plus I think opening and closing those plungers will eventually wear those intex valves out and they will eventually leak by.

I think there is more than enough data in that link to build my lines, thank you. :goodjob:

No problem. I agree about the plungers, I removed that plunger and replaced it with a ball valve shortly after I took those pics. Also make sure to read my entries in that thread. I have pics and info on the adapters I made about 3 or 4 posts from the beginning of that thread.

Cheers,
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.