Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help setting up my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help setting up my pool

This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for a while. Here is situation, I have a 11K gallon inground pool and I am replacing the motor since it died this week, I also I have a solar heater on the house (single story). I have purchased a Hayward Ecostar pump and want to switch to SWG using a Autopilot Nano. I want to run the pool without the heater during the week but through the heater on weekends. I would like to set this up automatically so I can turn the three way value to open up on Friday afternoon so the kids can use the pool on the weekend and close Sunday nite. I can program the pump to address the speed change to compensate for the heater however, I am not sure how to set the heater system to automate. Can anyone me a some ideas?
    17,240 gal Gunite Pool /Hayward Super Pump / cartridge??? i don't know but i'LL check ;)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Need Help setting up my pool

Which solar controller do you have?

Just guessing but you could put the solar controller on a timer, if it doesn't have that function built-in, and only run it when you wanted to.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Lubbock, Texas

Re: Need Help setting up my pool

Just curiosity, but why wouldn't you want the pool heated all week? With a solar heater the heat is free after all...
    12,500 gallon 4-6-4 gunnite sport pool. 3/4 HP Hayward Tri-Star, 3.1^2 FT Hayward sand filter, AutoPilot Nano, The Poolcleaner 2X, 12'x20' solar panels, and a water fall with a home-grown automation system.