This is our third year and I feel like I am still barely surviving with balancing the chemistry of our pool. I have a few questions for you experts
current test results: using Taylor Test Kit K-2005
Salt: 2500 (from PDA readout)
1. so far in the past month we have added 7-9 gallons of Muratic Acid to lower the TA. I balanced today and according to the scale we have been/are following, I show we need to add another 2.5 gallons. am I on the right track
2. I typically test TA first, it is usually high, which means we add MA and if I am lucky(and TA balances) I check PH. It seems if TA is in acceptable range usually PH is acceptable as well.
3. We have a PDA which is where I look at chlorine or salt level
4. I absolutely CAN NOT do the CYA test, dont know if its the water or me….but the black dot never disappears
5. one month of abnormally high TA has led to calcium scaling on our tile line. How do I get rid of it?
these are the only things I typically test, sometimes chlorine if I think there may be a problem is that horrible?
Can someone help with ideal levels for my pool…also, should I add CYA or boost or shock it. We have done that in the past which has helped. I dont feel like the water looks the perfect blue that it has in the past…sometimes it seems to have a green tint…??
Help!!! I appreciate all you can offer. TIA