This was a first

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I was at the pool store I like to go to the other day and the person working there said all your levels are perfect to someone getting their water tested. Did not try to sell him anything. Now this is not a chain store and he and his wife run the store. He really seems to care about his customers and seems to know everyone that comes in. I love having a store like this close by.

The mom-and-pops are usually worth developing relationships with. True, they will try to pool store you like the big guys but they have their own skin in the game and know that if you need some sort of part or other item (in a hurry or otherwise) that you'll hopefully look to them. We have two such shops in this area. They both have very different personalities (one is forever telling me that I'd be better off looking for what I'm there for online) but they know that service can often win the day and the sale.

That plus at least one of them has more AGP installs this time of year then they can keep up with :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.