I've been having a hard time keeping the pool sparkly this year. One issue may be that my local Aldi no longer carries Tundra bleach which I was very happy with for the past few years. Their new bleach, Tandil, is supposed to be 6% but I'm using twice as much bleach as last year for worse results.
Anyhow, I just turned the pump on and got a bunch of green coming out of the return. I've been keeping the FC high so am not sure how anything green could be living in the filter. So I will have to keep the FC at shock level for this week, but does this indicate a problem with one or more of the fingers?
Last week, I took the filter apart and cleaned it. I only used TSP as it was pretty clean -- used Miracid last August and it was still pretty clean when I closed the pool in September and washed the filter out.
When I had the pump apart, the fingers all looked good -- no obvious tears but I'm not sure what a bad finger would look like. There was one that was a little less smooth than the others.
Thanks in advance!