Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AG Solar Cover with Fence

1. Back To Top    #1

AG Solar Cover with Fence

I want to get a reel for my solar cover, but I have one of those vinyl works fences around the pool (village requirement). Are there any solar reels out there that would work with this type of setup and swing away from the pool? Currently we don't have anything, we just use bungee cords to secure the bunched up cover to the fence. I would like to use the whole length of my pool, but now the bunched up cover takes up 1/4 of it. It's ugly too.

Anyone use anything else like hooks on the fence to hold the solar cover?

Any other Ideas?
    15X30' 54" wil-bar quest ABG, hayward 2hp w/cartrige, zodiac nature2 sanitizer, 4x20' solar bear

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AG Solar Cover with Fence

I wish I could help you. We have a similar problem, although we built a small walking deck around our abg pool with a railing around that. Because of our walking surface around the pool we are able to manipulate the reel it's on up to rest on the fencing.

I've wondered if it would be beneficial to put a couple of posts outside of the pool area higher than the fencing to roll the cover up onto but not sure how that would really work either... and no matter how you do it, you still have to look at the ugly thing while you swim. You would have to be creative about the crank to reel up the cover, but I imagine it could be done.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

Re: AG Solar Cover with Fence

There are several posts on the site with designs for stand alone solar cover reels, including one we used.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!