Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealing Pavers

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tampa, FLorida

Sealing Pavers

Looking to do Pavers around the deck.

I have read wait 60 days before you seal them. Any pro's or con's for actually sealing the pavers, or do most just leave them ? Thanks !!
    15x30 free form (10,500 gal) SWG
    Gunite, Game depth 3.5-5-4 ft, 1 hp Sta-Rite Super Max 2 speed pump, 53' Sta-Rite system 3 DE filter
    Pentair Intellibrite LED
    Pentair 125k BTU ultra temp heat pump,
    Screen Enclosure
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Albuquerque, NM

Re: Sealing Pavers

We have pavers and a SWG system and I would say to definitely seal the pavers as the water leaves a little salt residue when it dries...nothing major but with the sealer it doesn't show as much. And, dirt, grime and grease do not stain the pavers if sealed.
    Also, the sealer makes the pavers "pop" with their color, so to speak. As far as waiting, my construction hubby says you don't have to wait to seal pavers....they are fully cured, etc. I think the sooner the better, otherwise you have the risk of getting grease, dirt, etc embedded and then that grime would "pop" when you put the sealer on if you didn't degrease prior to sealing.

30K gunite pool, Pentair VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, automatic cover, Intellibrite Pentair LED light, no heater.