Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Contruction photos

1. Back To Top    #1

Contruction photos

They finally started the digging 3 days late.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doughboy 18x38 AGP buried 2' deep. 18,400 gal. Hayward Power Flo Matrix. Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Contruction photos

ROTjob-

Congrats on the digging- we start ours the beginning of next week!! What type of pool are you having installed?
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

3. Back To Top    #3

Doughboy 18'x38' sunk 2' in the ground. Should be done today then we get to backfill all that dirt and start building the deck.
    Doughboy 18x38 AGP buried 2' deep. 18,400 gal. Hayward Power Flo Matrix. Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter. TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Congratulations!

About where on the planet is your new backyard oasis going to be? Looks like a sunny place.
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like a beautiful plan!!! Again Congrats!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

6. Back To Top    #6

We are in Oklahoma City.

7. Back To Top    #7

Today, day 3.

8. Back To Top    #8

2 days in 104 degree heat and we are almost there. Whew!

9. Back To Top    #9

One more

10. Back To Top    #10

I am having some serious issues with that pool ladder though. Apparently it only attaches with some nylon straps that go under the rail. It is VERY flimsy and unstable. Any ideas on this one?

11. Back To Top    #11

Not sure about your ladder solution, but I will say that your pool looks awesome!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks. The project is finally out of the under construction phase. Now I can move on to learning to correctly use the BBB method.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by ROTJob
    One more
    Is that a trichlor floater next to that box?

Just kidding...Trichlor is just fine, as long as you understand how it impacts your water chemistry
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

14. Back To Top    #14

Yes. It came with the pool, as did the first month's worth of chemicals. I have already learned the hard lesson about not using those after seeing my pH jump all over the scale for the last week. Tonight is the first night of real BBB treatment. I am positive I will have to shock, since we had a party saturday.

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks great! You'll be glad you made your deck as large as you did... great for entertaining or just sitting out by the pool.

We did a similar thing w/our steps as you did w/yours. We found some pressure treated lumber that was the same thickness as our top pool rail so the top step would be level and used that to fasten the steps to the deck. The lumber we used is the same depth as the ladder so there is nothing sticking out to trip on. Ours ended up just being a piece of decking material I believe. We stained it to match the rest of the deck. We get compliments on the steps... I think because most of our friends are used to the old ones that are a ladder on the side instead of real steps. No ones said anything about the way they are mounted.

Enjoy your new pool!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits