CYA Level

Well now i am at a loss..
I have been putting 12% liquid chlorine -7 bottles since friday.
My levels at 9am yesterday were as follows
FC 0
TC 2
PH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 45
CH 230
The pool has been getting clearer and i have been cleaningg out what looks like dead alsae on the bottom of the pool but i am gettting frustrated..

With a FC 0 and TC 2, you have 2ppmCC.

I have not read the thread, but based on your #'s, you need to shock and hold it there until you meet the 3 criteria to be done shocking.

Before you start shocking, I suggest you lower your pH to about 7.4.

Your shock level for CYA of 45 is about 18.

Although you have added "lots" of chlorine, I still am not able to see where at any point in your past posts that you have reached shock level even once. Please use the Pool Calculator to determine the amount of chlorine to add to reach 18 ppm, your shock level, and add it all at once. Then, maintain your FC of 18 until you are finished shocking as evidenced by: 1 ppm or less of FC overnight, you have 0.5 ppm or less CC, and your water is clear. You need to add enough FC to get it to and keep it at 18 until finished. You may need to check the FC every 30 minutes in order to keep it there. I'm sorry if I come across as a little bit direct, but unless you do exactly this, you will be spinning your wheels the entire summer with this algae thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.