Can't Seem To Get It Quite Done This Year?

korinian

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2007
Claremore, Oklahoma
I’ve got a 50,000 gallon IG vinyl pool. 300 lbs Sand Filter. New sand 2 years ago. I’m testing with a TFP Kit.

I opened the pool to a swamp this year… (mesh cover and lots of snow/rain this winter). I’ve been dumping bleach into the pool daily (3 to 6 1.4 gallon GV bottles) for almost 3 weeks and it has killed everything, but it’s still that white cloudy color. I have a 10’ deep end and can’t see the drain.

I’ve been doing the bleach method for a few years now. Usually, I get crystal clear water within a week. My numbers seem fine and I’m not losing much chlorine daily (about 1 to 2). I’ve had my FC at 10+ for days and days. I’m just wondering if I’m missing something obvious to everyone but me. My pump has been running 24/7 for 3 weeks now. All the debris is out of the pool and I’ve run the Dolphin to get the last of it in the deep end. I’m Just looking for some insight and I'm tired of buying bulk bleach. Thanks.

Numbers as of this morning:
FC = 12
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
TA = 60
CYA = 30

Thanks.

korinian said:
Yes. An example is last night. At 8:00pm 14 and at 6:00am 12. But that kind of swing is pretty normal for my pool. I usually add 1 jug of bleach (1.4 gallons) each morning during the season.

If you are loosing chlorine at night, it should mean you still have organics in the pool and you are not done shocking. Advice I have seen on here is lots of brushing and looking for any crevices where you might have things hiding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.