Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello all!

Being new here, can you please tell me how to aim the eye balls? I have three returns to my pool. First at deep end, second near the steps and third at the shallow end. The shallow end return gets the least amount of water as it is further away from the pump.

I know the water should do circles in the pool. But:

1) should the eye balls point up or down? I run the pump at very low speed for just enough flow rate to do the required change over per day. Id like the surface to be moving as i have trees all around and there is a constant shower of leaf and debris.

2) should I install a smaller eye ball at the shallow side return to speed up the water there?

Thanks!

Here is a diagram of the pool[attachment=0:32471dw4]pool.pdf[/attachment:32471dw4]

Attachments

• pool.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 101
Close, but no cigar :) Thanks for the pic :goodjob:

What you want to do is put the 1/4" eyeball in the deep end return to build up back pressure to the other 2 returns. You may want to put a 1/2" on the steps to really force more pressure to the shallow end return.

As for aiming, start with having the deep and shallow returns point straight out, parallel to the surface. The stair return should have been on the right side of the steps, but there's nothing to be done about that now :wink: , point that one slightly up and towards the corner of the spa, to help keep debris from collecting in the stair area.

HTH

I have had to employ the use of Vise Grip pliers to remove a couple of my own. Do so very gently, just enough to get a good grip as you don't want to crack the fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.