Pump replacement....ahhh

Jun 13, 2011
Hello,
first this is my first post so I want to say hello and I look forward to chatting with you folks!! I live in the great state of Maine I have a inground pool approx 35x16. My pump quit working about 1.5 weeks ago and I decided to try and find something for energy efficiant... I found a pump online called the "ecoPump" I orded the EP-4 model. Now my old pump was a single speed pump.... I didnt think there would be any diffrence....when I unhooked the old pump there is 1 black, 1 white, and a 1 bare copper (this was attached to the ground screw) this is attached to a 15amp double breaker. next to the pump there is a power switch box (one handle you switch up for on and down for off) the directions for the new pump (wich is a 2 speed pump) shows having a 3 way switch but it looks like more than two wires as well..... Im lost.... any one have any pointers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.