Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump replacement....ahhh

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump replacement....ahhh

first this is my first post so I want to say hello and I look forward to chatting with you folks!! I live in the great state of Maine I have a inground pool approx 35x16. My pump quit working about 1.5 weeks ago and I decided to try and find something for energy efficiant... I found a pump online called the "ecoPump" I orded the EP-4 model. Now my old pump was a single speed pump.... I didnt think there would be any diffrence....when I unhooked the old pump there is 1 black, 1 white, and a 1 bare copper (this was attached to the ground screw) this is attached to a 15amp double breaker. next to the pump there is a power switch box (one handle you switch up for on and down for off) the directions for the new pump (wich is a 2 speed pump) shows having a 3 way switch but it looks like more than two wires as well..... Im lost.... any one have any pointers?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pump replacement....ahhh

Welcome to TFP!

There should be a wiring diagram on a plate directly on the motor. If you post a picture of that diagram we can help explain what it means.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump replacement....ahhh

Ok I will check and take a picture when i get home today from the sounds of things does it sound like I got the wronge kind of motor/pump?