Jun 20, 2010
Southeast VA
I have been testing my water at least every 2 days. Today's reading;

FC 1.0 ppm
CC 1.0 ppm
pH 7.9 ppm
TA 70 ppm
CH 270 ppm

According to the pool calculator I need to add 96 oz of Bleach to raise the FC & CC and 14 oz of Muriatic Acid to bring down the pH.
My question is how long should you wait before adding MA after adding the Bleach? With a SWG I understand it's OK to leave the cell on when adding bleach but I have read that it is recommended to turn off the cell when adding MA. If I do, then for how long?
I'm slowing trying to process all this information. I have been keeping a log since day of getting my K-2006 test kit.

As long as you are pouring in front of a return jet with the pump running you don't need to wait very long, a minute or two. Likewise there is no need to turn the SWG off when adding that way. The only time you need to turn the SWG off is when adding salt you turn the SWG off for 24 hours.

Your FC level is too low. You may need to turn up the percentage setting on your SWG. And if CC is still above 0.5 tomorrow you need to shock the pool.

Thanks Jasoni, I'll add the bleach and MA today and if the CC is still low tomorrow, I'll shock it.
Now when shocking it, do I need to turn the cell off? Again all this info is being process so hopefully I won't have to ask it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.