Replacement motor suggestions for WFE12 and a WFE4?

shellsingleton

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2008
Lafayette, LA w/pool in Hot Springs, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
I am replacing the motors and rebuilding the pumps for my pool, and would like to see what you guys suggest for better options before I just order identical components.
My main pump runs my spillover spa, large sand filter and 2 aquagenie skimmers, it is a WhisperFlo WFE-12 with a square flange, 56Y frame, 3 HP, 1.15 SF AO Smith B2844 motor.
My water features pump runs 3-24" wide sheer descents and 2 sprays, it is a Whisperflo WFE-4 with a square flange, 56Y frame 1 HP, 1.25 SF AO Smith B853 motor.(Not 100% on this motor identification, the model number was missing, research led me to this model, pics agree).

Is there better value or performance to be had in other brands or other AO Smith models? I have seen better SF's offered with some other AO Smith motors, same frame, same HP, but I believe they may not have capacitors like mine have(does it matter?), and I'm unsure on the shaft size and rotation.

Both my motors are shot/non-functioning, and I will be ordering replacements asap, possibly this morning. I don't want to lose last week's progress I made fighting an algae bloom that got to grow for nearly 40 days while I was away. Came home to a swamp.

Thanks for all your help, sorry to be in such a rush. Let me know if you need more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.