caretaker system problems

Jun 12, 2011
I'm having problems with my caretaker system. The pop-up heads on my caretaker system is not working and there is cloudiness on the bottom of my pool. I tried to rock the pressure at the equipment pad to see if that would open up the lines if there are any clogs. Do I need to replace the parts on the five port system? :(

Any suggestions?

You can remove the gear mechanism and see if it is jammed in any position. You should be able to spin it by hand.
Shut the pump off, release the pressure by opening your air relief valve on your filter. Split the halves on the gear assembly to access the gear mechanism.
If it is damaged, there are replacement mechanisms available.

Problems with the caretaker/polaris pop-up heads

Hi,

Not only do I have problems with the caretaker/polaris pop-up heads not working but I cleaned the hayward c5025 filter and notice two holes had opened up on the inside and I believe that they are bypassing the filters and going directly into the pipeline of the pop-up heads, most likely clogging the heads at the bottom of the pool. Any suggestions? Should I refurbished the 5 port system? Thanks, Hugh

Poolsean said:
You can remove the gear mechanism and see if it is jammed in any position. You should be able to spin it by hand.
Shut the pump off, release the pressure by opening your air relief valve on your filter. Split the halves on the gear assembly to access the gear mechanism.
If it is damaged, there are replacement mechanisms available.

What if the 5 port head is 4 ft below the pool surface and I'm unable to shut off the water without dumping half my pool out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.