'No flow' light illuminated--possible fixes?

Jun 12, 2011
Hello,
I have a Mineral Springs SWG system that is about 5 years old. When we turned our filter on recently, the red 'no flow' light was illuminated on the display board. I took the cell off and examined it--it looks squeaky clean, no dirt, debris, or buildup of any kind, and doesn't look worn at the edges at all. Tried rinsing it with water, to no avail; cleaned with a water/HCl solution, and the light is still on. I have read that when the cell is placed in the acid solution, it should 'bubble' for a few seconds, but I didn't see any bubbling at all. Not sure what that means. Is there something else I could try? It was working fine last year, no trouble from it (and crystal clear water) all summer. Do they usually stop working so suddenly like that? I love having a salt pool, but can't afford a new cell right now!

(I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I am leaving out important info or calling things by the wrong names!)

The no-flow light really has nothing to do with the cell directly. There is a flow switch that makes sure water is flowing before the cell will turn on and seeing the no-flow light means that the switch isn't seeing a flow. It's either defective or the screen is clogged and not allowing enough water to pass through.

I have the same problem.

My flow sensor was weed wacked, so I tried to splice it, and the light was still on, so I figured it was a bad sensor. I replaced the flow sensor - light is still on.

I cleaned the cell with acid - light is still on. A new motor is on its way out here, so once i replace the motor - which by the way was a separate issue in itself - I will let you know if the light goes out. Right now my current motor is on its way out and will only operate on low. I am hoping that the cell is not generating because the pressure is on low.

We just bought this home on foreclosure, and they did not exactly take care of the system. So we are dealing with issues as they arise. I really hope I do not need to replace the cell.

Thank you all so much for replying. What a relief to know it is probably not the cell!

After reading your replies I went out to check the flow switch and the wire from it has been cut at the end near the cell. How do I fix/replace this? Can I do it myself, or do I have to hire a professional?

williamske--we just had to replace our motor too. what an ordeal! best of luck--hope you get everything working soon!

Thanks again for the info! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.