Adding salt to a non salt water pool

When adding salt for feel, 2,000 ppm is a good level to aim for. It is best to get an initial salt reading, since salt will never start at zero and there is no point in adding too much.

You usually only need to add more salt once per season. The level will go down very slowly due to splash out and winterizing.

You can simply dump the salt into the pool and then run the pump for 24 hours.

Nope...no skimmer. I just get the blue mortons water softner salt bags (99% pure salt) and walk around the pool while pouring it in. If I recall your pool is pretty new and the pool store would be just fine for what you are looking to achieve, given there is no huge risk if you over shoot it by 500ppm. :goodjob:

dmanb2b said:
Nope...no skimmer. I just get the blue mortons water softner salt bags (99% pure salt) and walk around the pool while pouring it in. If I recall your pool is pretty new and the pool store would be just fine for what you are looking to achieve, given there is no huge risk if you over shoot it by 500ppm. :goodjob:

Actually I am not sure what the age is on my pool. I may give it a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.