I should know this but...

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
A year goes by and I forget how to balance my water when first openning. I put 7 lbs of cya in the past few days. I was reading 0 when I opened pool. I seem to be holding some chlorine overnite. I now have 2ppm of fc and .5 of cc.

How do I shock when I have a cya of 0. I went to the chart and there is no 0 for a cya reading so I can't come up with a good multiplier for shocking.

The water is cloudy and a light green. Cannot see the bottom, maybe a little in the low end. I been brushing and backwash when needed. Just got done vacuum and now I am at a loss of what to do next.

My ph is 7.5 and ta is 60. Any advice?

4 out of the 7 lbs. is still in the sock in front of the return. The 3 lbs. is in pool now for a few days but I did backwash a few times. So since I cannot get a cya reading yet, what should I assume I have?

ethany said:
4 out of the 7 lbs. is still in the sock in front of the return. The 3 lbs. is in pool now for a few days but I did backwash a few times. So since I cannot get a cya reading yet, what should I assume I have?
Well, I'm gonna guess that you got about 3 lbs in the pool.

If you also added it via sock method, then the backwashing didn't remove much of it.

You should get a second opinion soon :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.