High FC Reading

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks so much for the help with clearing my swamp. After weeks using tons of bleach, scrubbing, removing debris and testing, I finally have a blue pool that is rapidly clearing up. I brought the pool to shock level one last time yesterday and it held an FC reading of 25 overnight. CYA is 40. Is it safe to get in the pool with a reading that high? Do I need to just keep filtering and wait a few days for the levels to drop to the normal range before getting in?

Generally, with an FC level any where below the shock value for your CYA level is safe to get in. Florida sunshine should drop it pretty quickly. If you're done shocking, you can "cheat" a little and replace a couple of inches of water to lower FC.

If your CC is .5 or lower and your FC drops below 16 (shock level for your CYA of 40), as Woodyp said, it is okay to swim..

Not quite sure from your description, but have you finished shocking? See red info in my sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.