We are still waiting for our pool to be installed. Some rain caused some delays this weekend, so I've had time to think about some things.
How do you all handle liability issues with regard to kids in the pool? My understanding is that if someone gets hurt on your property, you are liable for it. Is this true or is it a myth? What is the best way to limit liability?
Some suggestions I have heard/read already are:
- never let children swim unsupervised
- require the parents of a child to be present and be responsible for their own child
- post a set of pool rules near the pool and make each child read them before entering
- have the parents sign a liability release
- don't allow kids in the pool area at all
The last one is just not realistic. The other ones are more so. I am just trying to find a balance between limiting my liability and not totally destroying the fun aspect of having a pool.
Thanks for any advice.