Trimming Excess Liner

Sep 10, 2010
The pool installer drapped the top of the liner over the wall and down the outside of the wall. The liner is held to the top of the wall by rubber channel that runs all the way around. About 14 inches of liner is visible on the outside of the pool. Can I safely trim off the excess liner? Im thinking that if I leave about 2 inches of liner under the top rails there will be no problems with future shrinking or movement. There is too much liner to just bunch it up under the top rails. The pool has been up for 5 years and has water in it.

You can trim the liner, but I suggest that you don't. It is best to leave yourself as much liner as possible. If the liner is removed and re-installed later it might be in a different position relative to the walls and having some extra material could be very handy. With a 24', that isn't so likely to happen, so not a huge deal, but I figure it is better to leave yourself options.

I do not ever see me removing and reinstalling the liner. The pool installers and another pool store rep told me that AGP liners are only meant to be stretched once. After that the installer wont touch them. I am sure if you really needed to move the pool it could be done. I just noticed that the liner was trimmed to 1 1/2 inch where the skimmer comes through the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.