frogs!!!

mekaw

May 27, 2011
Hi everybody. This may be the strangest question ever but does anyone else have problems with frogs in their swimming pool?? For the last 2 nights there's been dozens of them in my above ground. As fast as we scoop them out they hop back in!! Should I be worried? Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo with this problem...lol

We get a lot of frogs in our pool, but not as many as you describe. Maybe as many as 7 or 8 a day. We haven't found any dead in there since we got a Critter Skimmer, but I don't know if they exist for AG.

Oh my goodness...just went out to get rid of some extra poolnwater because it came a gully washer this evening. FROGS everywhere here too. I have worked too durn hard to convert the swamp back into a pool to let the frogs take over now. What do we do?

Cheryl
Kenton TN

22500 AG vinyl sand 1.5 hp

The advice that we usually give folks on here about frogs (more common than you would think) is to first and foremost, make sure your pool is chemically balanced and sanitized. This eliminates the majority of insect and wildlife problems. Another thing that can help is by adding borates to the pool. Adding borates lowers the surface tension in the water and makes it tougher for bugs and things to stay mobile in the pool. Because the water is "wetter" after the addition of borates, it is tougher to keep from getting waterlogged in there. Lastly, you may need to live and let live a little bit. Typically, froggie surges don't last too long and taper off after a few days. We have a couple of residents in my yard and every now and then, I'll rescue one from the skimmer. I like having them to be honest. They eat the bugs that bite you. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.