Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations on Portable Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleveland, TN

Recommendations on Portable Cleaner

I would like to buy a "portable" cleaner for vacuuming stairs and small areas where dirt accumulates without having to mess with hoses, etc. Any recommendations? Also, I am beginning to get a ring around the water line at the stairs. How best to clean that?

18x36 Vinyl Pool. Superpump2 2 speed motor. Sand Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Recommendations on Portable Cleaner

I have an Aqua broom and it works relatively well. Only complaint is the head is tiny, so it takes a bit of time, but it's still relatively painless.

The company also makes other vacuums with bigger heads (catfish, pool blaster), but after reading the amazon reviews on those, it seems the rechargeable battery stops holding its charge pretty quickly and then vacuum becomes useless. That's why I bough the Aqua broom which holds D-cells (they last long too).
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Tucson area, AZ

Re: Recommendations on Portable Cleaner

I've got the catfish, and I love it. I've cleaned my whole 20' pool with it before. I haven't noticed any problems with it losing charge too quickly, but I do make sure to charge it overnight before using it.
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner