Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair MasterTemp 400 problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Pentair MasterTemp 400 problem

Heater comes on and heats for a few minutes, then stops and the service heater light comes on.

After reading the manual, I took a pick of the back of the board showing the leds that come on, but i cant find anywhere that says what they mean.

pulled and cleaned the filters yesterday, issue continues...

can someone tell me what my error is and what the problem could be? note that there are two leds on. one on the left and one on the bottom right. also, the front panel doesnt give any codes and it will start heating again after several minutes of being in the service heater state.

TIA!

18x36 dry gunite, swg, white plaster with blue and caribbean green quartz, 18" raised 7x7 spa with spillover, sun ledges, benches, bubblers, waterfalls, LED lights, deck jets, 400,000 btu heater...

2. Back To Top    #2

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Re: Pentair MasterTemp 400 problem

what about a schematic of the led errors? does anyone have one that they could share?

I really appreciate it!
    18x36 dry gunite, swg, white plaster with blue and caribbean green quartz, 18" raised 7x7 spa with spillover, sun ledges, benches, bubblers, waterfalls, LED lights, deck jets, 400,000 btu heater...

3. Back To Top    #3

How's your gas level? If these things don't get enough gas they 'freak out' and shut down.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Page 38 on of the manual gives the LED code meanings. I had this happen in warranty. Some valve was replaced.
    35x19 15,000 gal, SWG, Pentair equip, 100% solar coverage, 400K heater, 9x7 spa Inground 3M Bora Bora with Dark Gray plaster

5. Back To Top    #5

Please post back - I can help you!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

That is the SFS or stack flue sensor error.

It means either the stack temperature is getting above 500 degrees, or there is something wrong with the stack flue sensor.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool