Algae? or Metals?

Jun 11, 2011
I have been reading through several posts the last few days on why my pool is the color it is right now and how to correct the problem. I am new (well, 2nd year of house with pool) and I am currently reading the how to's on the site. I figured I would post a quick picture in hopes to be pointed in the right direction. BTW, the pool liner is blue :)

IMG_0771-1.jpg

I currently use a Chlorine and PH test kit by Aqua Chem for daily use but my Landlord opened the pool for us (part of rental agreement) and had the pool store do the pretesting. Pool has been open for three weeks. I have used algaecide (aquachem) and two type of shock (Aquachem and GLB Supersonic) and chlorine is sitting with the proper range. I did just shock with one bag of GLB yesterday and tested at noon today. Use a floating chlorine 3" tab holder with two tabs daily.

The weird thing is the pool does not feel slimy or smell funny...

Thanks for any advice!

Dustin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.