Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris cleaner tail

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris cleaner tail

On my polaris there is a tail that is attached that helps the cleaner move around. For some reason everytime I use it it just falls off. So the only way I have it attached is that it pushed on and it seems pretty snug. But usually after a little while I go out and look and the tail has fallen off. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Thanks.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris cleaner tail

As they get older they stretch and erode. Then fall off, there cheap just replace it.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    As they get older they stretch and erode. Then fall off, there cheap just replace it.
    This has been replaced in the past few months. It seems like something is missing to hold it on like a screw or something. There is a little stub that sticks out in the back. I push it on and it feels pretty snug. But comes off everytime in less than 30 minutes. It is like the pressure pushed it off. I thought maybe there is sometype of plastic piece that you screw it down with, but at a loss. I can take a picture if necessary.

4. Back To Top    #4

there should be a plastic hose clamp to hold the tail onto the stub. I lost mine. The polaris replacement cost may be $5 or so. I now use a small hose clamp to hold the tail hose onto the stub. Works fine.
    ~26000 gal gunite with steel walls (aka "hybrid"), sta-rite sand filter - T-200-BP1, 3/4hp Pentair Whisperflo pump, figure-8 shaped pool, polaris 380 and booster pump, borates, Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by stlpoolguy
    there should be a plastic hose clamp to hold the tail onto the stub. I lost mine. The polaris replacement cost may be $5 or so. I now use a small hose clamp to hold the tail hose onto the stub. Works fine.
    Thanks for the info.

6. Back To Top    #6

The tail clamp was exactly what I needed and the scrubber for the end of the tail. 7 bucks and I am back in business