Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Waterfall turns on at 3am and can't find out why.

1. Back To Top    #1

The Waterfall turns on at 3am and can't find out why.

The Waterfall turns on at 3am. I have the AquaLink RS8 All Button and have scrolled through the menu looking for that 3am program, but I can not find it or any reason why the waterfall is coming on a 3am. I would like the water fall to come on for an hour at 7pm only. I have the manual and with a friend stepped through the menu a bunch of times but neither of us can figure out why we can’t find the 3am program and change it.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank You All.
    36k, FNS plus 60 DE filter, in ground cement, 40-60GPM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Waterfall turns on at 3am and can't find out why.

Does the unit know the correct time now?

My Aqualink (not sure what one) has a Cancel button, next to menu. I was told to always Cancel before adding anything new into a Group program setup. So that is, "Cancel", then it will say something line "Programs group A is running now, cancel all programs or cancel equipment programs?" then you can select the waterfall and cancel all programs running now. Then go to the Menu button and set up the new program, but be sure that the unit knows the right time.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Burlington, ON, Canada

Re: The Waterfall turns on at 3am and can't find out why.

You can try this, but will have to reprogram everything, not just the waterfall operation..

4.2.3 Resetting the System
    To remove all labeling, programming, assignments, and
    temperature settings, press the MENU button, use the
    arrow keys to scroll to SYSTEM SETUP and press ENTER.
    Scroll to CLEAR MEMORY and press ENTER
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre