Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clearwater LM2 Flow Sensor Not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Clearwater LM2 Flow Sensor Not working

So I noticed today my SWG, Clearwater LM2, flow sensor is not working. If I turn the system on and have the pump off with absolutely NO flow the low flow light does NOT come on and the unit just keeps producing and slowly builds up gas in the cell. I recently had to switch some control features on my system and now its possible for the SWG timer to get "out of sync" with my pump timer. I am worried that this safety feature isn't there and I will burn out my cell in the event of timer sync issues. I am trying to avoid buying a whole new integrated control system for now.

So my question is How does the flow sensor work on these unit and is it replaceable without changing out the whole cell?
    33'x21' In-ground (23,000 gal) - 8' spa raised 18" with 8 jets | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation Aquapure 1400 SWG | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP & Jandy 1.5HP stealth water feature pump | Heating Jandy LRZ400 | Lighting Jandy LED Spa (1)/Pool (2) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard & Moss Rock | Finish pebble sheen type (riversand) Tahoe Blue

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Clearwater LM2 Flow Sensor Not working

Sorry I can't help, but it does sound like a problem that really needs fixing.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Clearwater LM2 Flow Sensor Not working

Check the sensor wire between the control unit and the cell and make sure the wire isn't damaged or cut.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School