Question about muriatic acid

May 31, 2010
Urbana, MO
I've been testing my pool and the pH and TA has been high. I have added muriatic acid for 5 days in a row. I was wondering if this was normal for a newly filled pool. I have a Pentair (Rainbow Lifeguard) Pool and Spa Test Kit. I just started writing down the test results yesterday.

6-10
Chlorine 3+ (my test only goes to 3)
pH 7.8
Acid Demand 6 drops added 2 cups & 1oz acid
TA 360

6-11
Chlorine 3+
pH 7.8
Acid Demand 4
TA 330

Do you think my results would be off if the test was old? I have new strips and they show high on pH & TA, but they are strips.

I just test it and it was 390. We live on a farm and the well is really old, drilled to only 80 ft. It tastes really good tho! :)
I put powdered stabilizer (Regal brand) in a sock in the skimmer and let it dissolve for a couple days, but then I changed filters. I wonder if I changed the filter too quick and didn't get all of the stabilizer in. I read somewhere here that I should have left the filter in for a week afterward. I only have a strip test for CYA and it just started showing more than 0 yesterday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.