Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dropped my baking soda bag into the pool!!

1. Back To Top    #1

dropped my baking soda bag into the pool!!

Hey guys,

Thursday I was adding some soda ash to my pool (ph was kinda low) when the bag fell out of my hand and into the deep end. I figure all in all I added about 6-8 lbs. I woke up this morning and see that the water is a nice shade of pale green. I'm assuming this is from the baking soda. I haven't had a chance to do a water test yet because of my job but I will tomorrow. Any pointers just by my description?

Thanks
    Hayward sand filter & super pump, Pool is weird shape but rough figures are 23x10x4.5 for a volume of 7800 gallons. Fiberglass shell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: dropped my baking soda bag into the pool!!

Baking Soda or Soda Ash? You call it both, and they're not the same.

Either way, stop on your way home from work tomorrow and get some Muriatic Acid. You'll be needing quite a bit.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, I meant Baking soda. lol At my work I deal with soda ash. Can I get that at walmart or do I need to go to a pool supply place? Thanks for the help.
    Hayward sand filter & super pump, Pool is weird shape but rough figures are 23x10x4.5 for a volume of 7800 gallons. Fiberglass shell

4. Back To Top    #4

Walmart might have it this time of year. Most big box hardware stores will have it too, eithert in a pool section, near the concrete stuff, or in the paint department. Besides pools, it's used to clean/etch concrete before painting.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

you da man
    thank you