Full time pumping - Intex

I have an Intex 4000gph pump that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. We have that hooked up to our SWG. I usually run mine for around 12 hours a day. It helps keep our pool very clean even being under a huge tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342034671.562399.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342034671.562399.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 124
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342034683.444779.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342034683.444779.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 120
I recently purchased a 10' x 30'' steel frame pool made by summer escapes after fighting with one of the easy set models with the blow up ring, not being able to return the easy set pool to the store I decided to make use of the extra pump since it was the same model and I had already built a box to mount the pump onto. And with the wire ran underground already I wasn't exactly happy with the idea of digging it up again. The new pool came with an actual skimmer and basket and the pump mounts onto the bottom of the skimmer here is what i came up with. With the pump on the bottom of the skimmer the hose is supposed to run to the return, instead i hooked one hose from the skimmer pump directly to the inlet of the old pump that is mounted externally and ran the return hose back to the pool return. With the two pumps running in parallel the water flow is now doubled and I am having a very easy time keeping the pool crystal clear, the water flow went from being only 580 gph to 1160. It doesn't seem very high but it is a pretty small pool. I just wanted to post this up maybe it will help somebody having a hard time with their pool find a quick cheap solution. also if you plan to run two pumps in parallel they MUST have the same gph rating

I run two Intex pumps in parallel on my pool. One is a 1000 and the other a 1500. I used PVC Ts and some hose to connect the two pumps in parallel. It works great. I use the same filters all season, clean them once a week, and actually will use the same filters this season. The pool is a 15'-48"

1380ken wrote:
I run two Intex pumps in parallel on my pool. One is a 1000 and the other a 1500. I used PVC Ts and some hose to connect the two pumps in parallel. It works great. I use the same filters all season, clean them once a week, and actually will use the same filters this season. The pool is a 15'-48"
Do you have a picture or a little more information on how you connected your pumps in parallel? We are thinking of doing this, but I haven't been able to find instructions for running them parallel. We have an 18'x48".

We run our filter pump pretty much 24/7. We run our Intex Saltwater pump about once a week for about 3-4 hours depending on the levels and depending on the weather.

meldatkin said:
1380ken wrote:
Do you have a picture or a little more information on how you connected your pumps in parallel? We are thinking of doing this, but I haven't been able to find instructions for running them parallel. We have an 18'x48".

We run our filter pump pretty much 24/7. We run our Intex Saltwater pump about once a week for about 3-4 hours depending on the levels and depending on the weather.

What do you do for chlorine the rest of the week?

Just out of curiosity, how many Intex owners use pump run schedules over just running it full time?

We actually run two pumps full time... The second pump's hoses go over the rail into the pool, the inlet weighted down with a coated bat weight near the bottom, returning over the edge about 10 feet before the skimmer pump location.

In all honesty, this setup does the job and I like that one of the pumps is taking from the bottom rather than just the surface. We don't mind the hokey setup, is better than crummy water with just one pump for sure. After starting BBB last year and being back in glinty sparkly business this year in less than 3 days I'm kinda addicted to the sparkle. Turning the pumps off for any amount of time scares me!

For what reason other than energy conservation do Intex peeps turn pumps off for?

well, I'm currently running my sand filter with tge skimmer connected, because I'm in the middle of a boost cycle with the salt system. so I hope my pump doesn't burn up due to my leaving the skimmer connected.

I figured I would try it cuz after leaving an intex skimmer on the pool for a couple hours, doesn't even work. so I thought if I keave it on longer it'll actually catch some floaties.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.