Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this a booster pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this a booster pump?

My system has two pumps... a big one and a small one. I thought the small one was for like the spa or something. I was searching pool cleaners and they keep mentioning how you need a booster pump too. I was starting to wonder if the smaller pump is a booster pump...

Also while I have this picture posted... can you tell me what the second set of valves is for? I know the ones on the larger pipes to the left opens the skimmers. Up, the pool skimmer opens, down, the spa skimmer... in the middle (like I have it in the picture), both skimmers... The second set of valves I haven't figured out what they do... thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this a booster pump?

Yes. The booster pump is under the jandy valves. The other valve could be for your main drains, hard to tell.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE 2x2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is this a booster pump?

Cool... I can get the pool vac then... Good. The spa drain doesn't seem to have much suction regardless of which way the valve is. Maybe it's just plugged then.