swg or pool frog ???

Jun 22, 2009
newnan ,GA
I have a 24ft round doughboy with the deep dig option, i'm told it's 18,700 gallons! it's in full sun all day (chlorine hog) I have been looking into a swg and when i spoke to a guy i know that works where i bought my pool,i was told that doughboy will no longer warranty my pool w a swg and they are having problems with the salt content causing corrosion ! Then he tries to sale me the pool frog system! has anyone on here heard of this ??? sounds like more pool store Crud to buy to me ! i could be wrong ! any input from u guys would be valued and appreciated !!! thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Corrosion is extremely rare, though not entirely unheard of. In general anything that corrodes with salt water would have corroded without salt water after a little more time.

I strongly recommend against the Pool Frog. It does next to nothing to help and risks stains.

A great many people here have SWG pools and are extremely happy with them. Most of us with a SWG will never go back to being without one.

I have been very happy with our Intex SWG. in talking with various pool shops looking to replace our intex with a real pool they are ALL trying to talk me out of swg and using the pool frog. Why are they all recommending them? lots of money in refills for them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.