Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above ground checking in with numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Above ground checking in with numbers

Just checking in with my numbers above ground pool, living in michigan we just had 94 deg hot days,
    with the hot weather my FC was going fast, but now weather is low 70's, go figure
    but that is why my FC is at 9
    heres my numbers, any thought if I should change any
    FC 9
    CC 0
    TA 130
    CH 100
    PH 7.5
    CYA 25
    28ft round AG 52" high 18,500 gals, Hayward ASL cartridge filter, Hayward single speed 1 1/2 hp pump, 2-4 x 20 fafco solar bear heaters, TF100 test, BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above ground checking in with numbers

I don't really see anything that jumps out. How are you chlorinating the pool? If you're using bleach your TA might be a little high but I wouldn't purposefully change it. It'll change as you adjust your pH and if you don't or rarely need to adjust that it's fine where it is.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

CYA is a little low. That's probably why you were burning through the chlorine. It acts sort of like sunscreen for chlorine.

Pool Calculator says 37 oz would get you up to 40ppm. If it were me, I'd add 32 oz and leave some breathing room in case I wanted to use a few pucks later in the season while I'm out of town.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

yes using bleach, so far ph has been stable. I thought CYA was a little low and will bring it up to around 40
    thank you for the info
    28ft round AG 52" high 18,500 gals, Hayward ASL cartridge filter, Hayward single speed 1 1/2 hp pump, 2-4 x 20 fafco solar bear heaters, TF100 test, BBB