hayward H400IDL Heater problems

May 5, 2011
Hello everyone! I'm having some issues with my heater. When I first got the house it did not work properly and with a couple of home warranty fixes and then a self fix it was fine. Then last week it would heat the pool to 98 or so and then showed the "AO" code. I replaced the vacuum blower switch and then tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I think the blower may be the issue now, previous to the ao code it was getting very hot. Now, I. Can hear various clicks and things when I turn the heater on but no blower, I did notice that after leaving it on for a few minutes the blower motor was getting warm. Once today it also flashed an "LO" code, for the blower switch open/closed. I have read various post with similar problems on same heater and it seems like they never post a resolution. I plan to call hayward tech support on Monday but just wanted to see if anyone here has some experience with this.

Thanks
Chris

I decided to take the blower motor off to inspect bofre i purchased a new one, Hayward Tech support was no help! Im am going to say it's safe to say that by the look of these pictures I took that I am better off buying a new heater!?

Attachments

• SAM_1857.JPG
    SAM_1857.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 44
  • SAM_1859.JPG
    SAM_1859.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 51
  • SAM_1860.JPG
    SAM_1860.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 44
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.