Green to blue not being filtered out of pool

Jun 10, 2011
My wife applied the green to blue treatment a day or so ago and it has all settled to the bottom, the only problem we are having is that our filter is not collecting the settiment. I can vacuum and it makes my pool look spotless for about 5 minutes until what i had vacuumed comes out the other end.

We were looking at getting a new pump but would much rather save the money and use what we have. We are using a cartridge filter. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get rod of this stuff short of draining and filling?

Thanks in advance!

As of right now I'm not sure what kind of pump it is. It has great suction and picks the debris up,after doing some research I think I have found that it may be the filter I am using. We buy the general filters that walmart sells Vs the brands a pool store. I'm not sure what the brand is that we buy now but I have found a brand called Pleatco. We are using a cartridge filter.

Any ideas on that?

You'll just have to try the new filter, but I dont imagine it is much tighter than the walmart ones. I could be wrong, sorry I cant say. I would also double check to see that everything is sealing up well inside. If the new filter doesn't do it, vacuum it out but dont let that water return to the pool. Maybe you can get it clean without losing too much water.

If your pool is round, get in, and walk in a circle near the outer edge until all the water is swirling really well. Get out and let it settle for several minutes. You'll be surprised how much debris wind up in the center, saving lots of vaccuum effort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.