Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green to blue not being filtered out of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Green to blue not being filtered out of pool

My wife applied the green to blue treatment a day or so ago and it has all settled to the bottom, the only problem we are having is that our filter is not collecting the settiment. I can vacuum and it makes my pool look spotless for about 5 minutes until what i had vacuumed comes out the other end.

We were looking at getting a new pump but would much rather save the money and use what we have. We are using a cartridge filter. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get rod of this stuff short of draining and filling?

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Green to blue not being filtered out of pool

The filter should be able to catch this debris. Pull out the cartridge and check it for tears.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Also post your equipment info. It's good to add it to your sig. That way we can see it every time.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

As of right now I'm not sure what kind of pump it is. It has great suction and picks the debris up,after doing some research I think I have found that it may be the filter I am using. We buy the general filters that walmart sells Vs the brands a pool store. I'm not sure what the brand is that we buy now but I have found a brand called Pleatco. We are using a cartridge filter.

Any ideas on that?

5. Back To Top    #5

You'll just have to try the new filter, but I dont imagine it is much tighter than the walmart ones. I could be wrong, sorry I cant say. I would also double check to see that everything is sealing up well inside. If the new filter doesn't do it, vacuum it out but dont let that water return to the pool. Maybe you can get it clean without losing too much water.

If your pool is round, get in, and walk in a circle near the outer edge until all the water is swirling really well. Get out and let it settle for several minutes. You'll be surprised how much debris wind up in the center, saving lots of vaccuum effort.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr