Ph climbing

B

Bobbystone

Hey guys,

My ph seems to climb rapidly. I have to add acid nearly every other day. CL is normal is there somehthingn I can do to slow down the ph climb?

Thanks.

How old is your pool? Got water features? Lotsa' kids swimming?

The SWG will naturally push up the pH, as will new plaster, water features like watefalls, and any form of aeration, like a bunch of kids.

Each time your pH reaches 7.8, lower it to about 7.4, for a SWG.
If, however, you want to lower your TA to maybe 70 or 60 to see if that helps, follow the instructions in Pool School.

Don't let your pH go over 7.8.

With only 2 returns, you're going to see the hydrogen bubbles from the SWCG coming out of the returns. The concentration of the bubbles will tend to raise the pH. Muriatic acid will soon become your good friend :lol: As you get used to how your pool chemistry now works, you'll find that you need to add X oz. of MA every X days to keep the pH in line.

If the pool has new plaster, that can also cause a pH rise for ~ the first year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.