Polaris 380 problems...

Jun 8, 2011
Hello, I have a polaris 380, it has been in my pool for 15 years and the right side shell piece if coming off. (It is the 1997 model with
a two piece top shell.) I have replaced the shell screw recently and the shell piece that was loose as well, but the piece is still very loose. when I attempt to pull it out of the water the shell comes right off. I am sure the bottom base is causing the problem. it could be that the screw hole in the bottom base had warped or the hole was reamed. What should I do.

-The pool vac guru

If you find that the screw hole is warped or partially reamed, try Teflon TAPE on the screw before reattaching. This might allow the screw to hold. You'll need to check it regularly since Teflon is meant to be a non-stick material and the screw might come lose. If the Teflon works but it doesn't hold long term, you could try some other type of tape. If the threads in the hole are gone, then the screw will have nothing to hold on to. Call and talk to the local pool supply store. I trust my store and they check out my cleaner for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.