Spa blower motor question

Jun 9, 2011
I just bought a home with an older pool (probably from 1971 or so), has a spa. When I turn on the jets, the blower turns them on with such force that the water bubbles up over the side, drenching the deck for the entire time the jets are on. I've played around with the water levels, makes no difference, when I turn it on, it's just extremely forceful and blurps water out of the spa, which is clearly not a good or acceptable thing. The motor is also very loud which apparently is pretty common. One part of the motor is seized up...(sorry for my lack of understanding of the equipment at this point, trying to sort it out)....my dad owned a pool years ago so I'm familiar with how a blower is supposed to work in a spa ....I know the jets aren't supposed to blow so hard that they eject water over the top and out onto the deck. Is it possible the motor is too strong for the size of the spa? (stupid question I know! lol) or this other part of the equipment that's seized up, if that were working would it put air into the jets to blow properly....I'm lost! thanks for any help, this is an awesome site/forum that i just found today....the BBB maintenance info is great, buying some bleach today! thanks again!

Try turning the blower off. Not every spa needs a blower and if you are getting too much air, it might work fine without it all together. You may need to remove it from the air intake tube so as to allow full air flow without it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.