Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: gaps in tile grout

1. Back To Top    #1

gaps in tile grout

My pool has tile all around just under the lip. the correct water level places the water line halfway up these tiles.
    I noticed today that there are several tiles that have anywhere from 1/2" to 1.5" of grout missing from between tiles. I'm guessing it's easy enough to apply a pool putty or other product to these areas, but I want to use a quality product and do a proper job...Suggestions?
    6600 gal IG concrete/gemcoat
    Fresh water
    1 HP motor
    StayRite PLM 100 system 2 filter
    full sun
    Treasure coast, Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: gaps in tile grout

Stop right there... Do nothing to your tile till you check with the people here: http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/for ... ?forumid=1

Putty will not work. Meaning... it will fail and you will in turn either be right where you are now with the grout AND putty fallen out, or worse your tiles will begin to fall off.

These people can help you fix this so that it will last. Be prepared to be asked for pictures, better yet... lurk for a bit and search "pool tile grout", go take pictures and post them. Nicest forum in the world... well, after this one that is :~}

edit: oops, forgot... John Bridge Tile forum is the only reason I found THIS forum.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Ditto on John Bridge....the best.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, thanks i'll check em out
    6600 gal IG concrete/gemcoat
    Fresh water