gaps in tile grout

Jun 6, 2011
My pool has tile all around just under the lip. the correct water level places the water line halfway up these tiles.
I noticed today that there are several tiles that have anywhere from 1/2" to 1.5" of grout missing from between tiles. I'm guessing it's easy enough to apply a pool putty or other product to these areas, but I want to use a quality product and do a proper job...Suggestions?

Stop right there... Do nothing to your tile till you check with the people here: http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/for ... ?forumid=1

Putty will not work. Meaning... it will fail and you will in turn either be right where you are now with the grout AND putty fallen out, or worse your tiles will begin to fall off.

These people can help you fix this so that it will last. Be prepared to be asked for pictures, better yet... lurk for a bit and search "pool tile grout", go take pictures and post them. Nicest forum in the world... well, after this one that is :~}

edit: oops, forgot... John Bridge Tile forum is the only reason I found THIS forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.