poolsupplyworld.com issues........

smccull

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2010
Allen, TX
I'm usually hesitant to write bad reviews, but this has just been incredibly frustrating. I ordered a colosplash 3g led spa light and solar cover a few months ago from poolsupplyworld.com - no problems initially, good price and quick shipping, although they did call to let me know a week later that my pool cover would be shipping later than expected, which was odd as I received it earlier that day :?: I should have suspected that the customer service department was a little slow at that point......

I was impressed with the 3G in our spa, so fast foward to May 18th, I order a 120V colorspash 3g pool light and a corresponding 120V spa light for the main light and step light of our inground pool. Order received and ships promptly the next day on the 19th and I receive it on the 24th, it rains for a couple of days and I install the lights on the 27th of May - the small light first, then I pull the big light, as I'm screwing in the big light I notice it says 12V-14V on the label on the light.

Sure enough on the bottom of the box it says the same thing.....hmmm. I call customer service the next day, I get a receptionist who says she will fill out an RMA online......ok, queue wait music. :sleep:

June 2nd, after having to email them pictures of the box and light, they send a fedex ground return label and state they would ship out the correct light and send me tracking info as soon as they get it. Ok, I put other pool light back in box and promtly drop it off with fedex......more wait music....I email a couple days ago to ask where my tracking number was, as they had received the old light back according to fedex....I even state in my email that if they hadn't shipped a new one yet, just credit my account back and I will buy one locally.......no response until today:

Congrats, your order has shipped, should be there in a few days.......with your new SPA light..... :evil: :evil:

......wait, I sent back a POOL light, call.....no answer as usual leave a message. So, I suspect I will need to wait a week to get the spa light, then take another week or so to get a return label, another week or so to send it back and then another week or so to get the light I paid for nearly a month ago.....will summer be over by then?

Now, if I had ordered the wrong item I can understand the delays, but they shipped the wrong item, apparently now twice.......

I buy a lot of stuff online and the few times I've gotten the wrong item, I get a new item overnighted (or two day express) with a return label in the box. Heck I would have paid for the 2 day express out of my own pocket.....I JUST WANT MY LIGHT!!!!!

So update, I got a call back from customer service that it was a POOL light that was sent, the email incorrectly stated SPA light, perhaps they sensed my level of frustration.

I will withold any additional comments until I recieve the package.

Hope you get what you wanted this time.

I shop a lot online too because you can often get a much better deal even after shipping. My last order came with a missing part, which was quickly shipped to me without questions but also frustrating. If I'd bought it locally I would have had a new one same day after an exchange in store. Guess part of the risk you take buying online.

I must also state that they were substantially less expensive than buying from a local retail store, however I later realized there is a relatively local online retailer that could have had me the part in one day or so.

Well got the correct light Friday (much quicker than I expected) and a new gasket and installed last night - so they made everything right, although I'm still irritated that my pool was dark over the memorial day holiday.

On a brighter note, the 3G pool light + 3G spa light near stairs is the perfect level of brightness for our 16x32 inground - not near the glare of the incandescent and it doesn't seem to attract the June bugs as bad. The only disappointment is the red color, it's pretty weak, but the blues, whites, and pinks are very nice. I've fixed our pool on the white color (which has a tinge of blue/purple to it) and looks great with the aqua blue pebbletec - we leave our spa on the color cycle mode

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.