There will bee pee today

CON

May 12, 2011
So today while I am at work there will be 2 small children peeing in my pool . They are both in diapers so I am certain that will be the case.What should I do this afternoon?

CON said:
So today while I am at work there will be 2 small children peeing in my pool . They are both in diapers so I am certain that will be the case.What should I do this afternoon?

I'd take her up to shock level per the pool school instructions for shocking the pool...That should take care of it!...Let the act of shocking your pool take away your worries. Just as long as there is no poo! :rant:

Bigger issue is if diaper explodes, polymer crystals that are jelly when wet are bad for the filter.

I believe that the "swim pants" do not have these crystals, so you may need to insist on this for baby swimmers.

New moms may not know just how big those super-absorbent diapers are. Really, they can swell to something like 10x normal thickness. If that crystal leaks out, you may not see it for it is clear. When it is dry it looks like coarse salt.

From time to time we get someone visiting the forum with that problem. It clogs the filter and can even rupture a cartridge filter.

As for the pee, it won't be a whole lot, I wouldn't worry too much. Swim pants will contain any poo, and a good mom will be alert for that. Do make it clear that if poo gets in the pool it is not safe to swim and needs to be shocked.

When I am expecting "heavy use" for the pool and this use involves children, I won't necessarily shock, but I will bring the FC up 1 or 2 ppm above my usual target just for that extra oxidation action. I have always gotten good results this way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.